Pro-Ject RPM 10.1 Evolution
This product is currently sold out.
Through intensive listening tests, we experienced that different materials transmit their own specific resonating fingerprint to the acoustic result in the playback process. With a specially developed measurement process, all acoustic effects on sound are now totally comprehensible. As a result of higher mass, the resonance amplitude turns out to be lower. Using combinations of different materials, resonances become more diffuse and specific resonances less apparent. The RPM 10.1 chassis is the result of years of research and development. Chambers filled with sand and metal lead to high mass, effectively dampening all resonances. The advantage of high mass can result in higher rumble of the main bearing. To avoid the degradation of sound, magnets make the platter almost float on the inverted main bearing with its ceramic ball and plate. Bass dynamics and overall calmness are clear advantages compared to all other turntables of the Pro-Ject family.
• Chassis, motor housing and granulate filled equipment base - Ground it deluxe.
• The equipment base Ground it deluxe rests on four individually height-adjustable magnetic field feet.
• A quiet running AC motor with a two-step pulley drives the platter's outside edge via a belt.
• The medium density fibre plinth stands on three height-adjustable Sorbothane®-damped aluminium cones.
• Granulate filled plinth guarantees constant damping. A supplied spirit level allows easy adjustment.
• The motor is mounted in a separate metal housing to eliminate vibration transmission.
• The resonance-optimised platter is a sandwich construction utilising an acrylic platter weighing 5.4Kg and a brass record puck.
• The magnet supported (amount of support adjustable) inverted bearing uses a stainless-steel axle carrying a ceramic ball on which the ceramic bearing plate runs.
• Central metal block optimises centre of gravity and damps main bearing.
• Connection to the phono input of the amplifier can be made with connecting cables of your taste through the gold plated phono sockets and earth screw. A standard cable is provided.
• External power supply avoids potential electro-mechanical interference.
Tonearm Pro-Ject 10cc Evolution
• The headshell and armtube are fashioned from a single piece of carbon-fibre.
• Conical armtube avoids standing wave reflections.
• Inverted tonearm bearing comprises four hardened stainless tips in ABEC7 spec ballraces.
• Rings provide very solid arm bearing housings. The massive outside ring is open to avoid resonances.
• Sorbothane®-damped counterweight effectively counteracts unwanted resonances.
• The counterweights supplied are suitable for cartridges weighing between 4 - 6g, 5 - 8g, 6 - 10g or 8 - 14g. An alternative counterweight for cartridges weighing between 15 - 20g or 16 - 22g is available as an accessory part.
• Counterweight shaft lowered to record level reduces cantilever forces and dynamic wow when playing warped records.
• Solid armbase permits accurate height adjustment of armtube and VTA (vertical tracing angle).
• Single-screw fixing of armtube allows rotation for easy adjustment of needle azimuth despite fixed headshell.
• Silicone-damped armlift can be adjusted to suit working height of the arm.
• The internal wiring consists of flexible high-purity copper from the headshell right through to the gold-plated phono sockets.
For more detailed information on the Pro-Ject RPM 10.1 Evolution, click here.