Pro-Ject 6 Perspex
$2,299.00 was $2,499.00
This product is currently sold out.
The 6perspeX Turntable comes with Pro-Ject's carbon fibre 9cc Evolution tonearm, delivering a superb sound through its resonance-free Corean sub-chassis and magnetic-power assembly.
This unit is backed up by a wealth of engineering advances including:
- A transparent acrylic plinth, which stands upon three individually height-adjustable Sorbothane-damped aluminium cones and carries the motor and the sub-chassis
A quiet running AC motor with a two-step pulley to drive the platter's outside edge via a belt
- An inverted bearing with a stainless-steel axle to carry the ceramic ball on which the ceramic bearing plate runs
- A resonance-optimised platter in a sandwich construction, which utilises a fine-balanced medium density fibre platter
- Gold-plated phono sockets and earth screw
- An external power supply for avoiding potential electro-mechanical interference
Pro-Ject's carbon fibre 9cc Evolution tonearm is included, which offers:
A conical armtube for avoiding standing wave reflections
- An inverted tonearm bearing, which comprises four hardened stainless tips in ABEC7 spec ballraces
- Rings to provide extremely solid arm-bearing housings and avoid resonance
- Adjustable sorbothane-damped counterweight to counteract unwanted resonances
- Single-screw fixing of armtube for rotation for easy adjustment of needle azimuth
- Internal wiring consisting of high-purity copper from the headshell right through to the gold-plated phono sockets
Pro-Ject's revolutionary decoupling concept and the masterful Evolution tonearm show an outstanding ability to push the limits of analogue audio one step further.