Emotiva BASX A100 FLEX - Stereo Amplifier
This product is currently sold out.
BasX: The Foundation of a Superb Audio System
The goal of putting together an exceptional audio system is to enrich your life with outstanding sound. It’s all about playing the music. It isn’t about spending a lot of money, or solid gold knobs or jewel encrusted remote controls. And you don’t need all sorts of complicated features you’re never going to use. The key to building a great audio system is to use well-designed components with excellent technical performance and superb sound quality. Every Emotiva BasX component has been designed from the ground up to be part of an excellent audio system. They incorporate the latest cutting edge technology and all the features you need to give you the best possible listening experience.
Why is BasX so special?
As a leading manufacturer of home audio equipment, we’ve noticed that a lot of people still don’t have high-quality audio in their lives. Some folks don’t have the budget to buy good equipment, while others don’t have the time to spend trying to figure out how to use it – and that’s exactly why we developed our new Emotiva BasX products. Our BasX components combine great sound quality, a carefully chosen set of genuinely useful features, and rock solid performance, with a simple yet elegant design.
This unique combination allows us to offer a combination you just can’t find anywhere else – great sound and great value. All of the components in our new BasX line are priced to be within reach of every music lover. You don’t need to be rich to afford them, and you don’t need to be an engineer to figure out how to use them. They’re carefully crafted to give you many years of reliable and trouble-free service, and they’ll look great in your living room or on your audio rack.
You can build a complete music system out of our BasX components that will give you a true audiophile listening experience. Or try adding one or two BasX components to round out your existing audio system. Great sounding audio doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated.
The BasX A-100 offers all the essential features that make a great audio component, like a heavy duty power supply, great sounding high-current short signal path Class A/B amplifiers, industry standard unbalanced audio inputs, and full-sized five-way binding post speaker terminals. The BasX A-100 delivers a solid 50 watts per channel into 8 Ohms and 80 Watts per channel into 4 Ohms; plenty to drive most speakers to satisfying listening levels. The BasX A-100 also offers several useful extra features that earn it the designation of Flex Amplifier. The BasX A-100 includes a standard trigger input and output, but it can also be configured to switch on automatically when it senses an incoming audio signal, which makes it perfect for use in a remote zone.
The BasX A-100 also includes a front panel Volume Control and a front panel headphone output. Fans of vintage equipment will especially love the sound of the headphone output on the A-100, which is derived directly from the main amplifier outputs through precision dropping resistors – like the great sounding headphone outputs on high-quality vintage gear. If you’ve found the sound of the headphone outputs on other modern equipment lacking, then you need to check out the A-100. Another special feature of the headphone outputs on the BasX A-100 is their ability to drive even the lowest efficiency planar headphones with ease. A pair of internal jumpers allows you to bypass the dropping resistors and route the amplifier outputs of the A-100 directly to the headphone output – and avoid the need for messy external adapter cables. The super quiet amplifier circuitry in the A-100 ensures a low noise floor, even with the direct connection.
The BasX A-100 is built to last, with a heavy duty steel chassis, solid milled aluminum faceplate, and high-quality parts and construction throughout… We expect you to enjoy your BasX A-100 for a long time – and we back that up with a full three-year warranty
The BASX A-100 is a great sounding, compact, and very flexible, stereo amplifier. The A-100 includes features that make it an excellent choice for a wide variety of situations; from driving a small music system in a home or business, to providing audio for a second zone in a larger home theater installation, or whole house music system. The A-100 also includes a great sounding headphone output, which combines the sonic signature of high-end vintage equipment with the superb performance of modern circuitry, and which offers the ability to drive low-efficiency planar headphones without the need for adapters and custom cables.
- Best-in-class design and sound quality - shares the same superior design and high- quality parts as our bigger amplifiers, so it performs “like the big boys” and sounds far better than most amps in its price and power class.
- 50 watts per-channel @ 8 ohms (80 watts per-channel @ 4 ohms) - superb sounding audio - sufficient to drive most speakers to satisfying listening levels.
- Classic style headphone output - driven from the main amplifier outputs via a set of high-quality series resistors; duplicates the sound signature of the highly-prizes headphone outputs on high-end vintage equipment.
- Direct output option for low-efficiency planar headphones - This option allows you to route the main speaker outputs of the A-100 directly to the headphone jack to drive low-efficiency planar headphones properly - without special cables or adapters.
- Flexible power switching - The A-100 can be configured to switch on when a trigger is received and when it senses audio signal on its inputs. The Trigger Output can be used to pass trigger signals to other components.
- Front panel volume control - With its convenient analog front panel volume control, the A-100 can accept inputs from both variable and fixed audio sources.
- Heavy duty power supply with massive toroidal transformer - provides plenty of continuous power to drive even low efficiency speakers, and enough dynamic power to effortlessly reproduce musical peaks without strain or distortion.
- Compact size - makes it easy to find a location for your BASX A-100.
- Loop output - The A-100 offers a loop output to facilitate chaining additional amplifiers or other devices.
- Full sized five-way binding posts - easy to attach thick wires, lugs, or banana plugs.
- Illuminated Volume knob - The A-100’s volume knob is surrounded by an illuminated ring, which indicates both Power and Fault status.
- User selectable AC line voltage - 115 VAC or 230 VAC.
- Three-year warranty - ensures that you’ll be able to enjoy your BasX power amp for years to come.
Unbalanced (RCA); one stereo pair.
Analog Outputs (loop)
Unbalanced (RCA); one stereo pair.
Input Sensitivity (for full output)
600 mV (8 ohm load).
5-way binding posts; one stereo set.
Minimum Recommended Load Impedance
4 ohms (which equals one 4 ohm load or two paralleled 8 ohm loads per channel.)
50 watts / channel RMS; 8 Ohms; 20 Hz - 20 kHz; <0.05% THD; both channels driven (FTC).
80 watts / channel RMS; continuous; into 4 ohms.
Front panel jack; full sized 1/4”.
Headphone output is derived from the main speaker outputs via high quality 220 Ohm resistors.
Optional high-power mode for driving low-efficiency planar headphones.
Headphone output power (normal mode):
8 Ohms: 60 mW / channel
33 Ohms: 200 mW / channel
47 Ohms: 250 mW / channel
150 Ohms: 430 mW / channel
300 Ohms: 440 mW / channel
600 Ohms: 350 mW / channel
Headphone output power (direct drive mode):
(requires internal jumper; USE WITH CAUTION)
8 Ohms: 50 watts / channel
33 Ohms: 12 watts / channel
47 Ohms: 8.5 watts / channel
150 Ohms: 2.6 watts / channel
300 Ohms: 1.3 watts / channel
600 Ohms: 0.6 watts / channel
> 110 dB (A-weighted; ref full output).
20 Hz to 20 kHz + / - 0.08 dB at 1 watt (- 1 dB at 80 kHz).
Front Panel Controls and Indicators
Volume; analog potentiometer with machined aluminum knob and illuminated status ring.
Rear Panel Controls
AC Power switch.
Line Voltage (protected slide switch).
Trigger Switch (mode) (On, Off, Auto).
Trigger and Control
Trigger Input: 5-12 VDC.
Auto-sense of audio input signal.
Trigger Output: direct hardware feed through of input trigger signal.
The BASX A-100 is protected against all common fault conditions.
The status ring will blink amber when a fault is detected.
115 VAC or 230 VAC +/- 10% @ 50 / 60 Hz (selectable by rear-panel switch).
8.5” wide x 3.125” high x 15” deep (includes feet, binding posts, and Volume knob).
11.8 lbs ; 15 lbs (packaged).