PS Audio DirectStream Junior
$4,699.00 was $5,895.00
This variant is currently sold out
Pure DSD done right and now Roon Ready!
Introducing DirectStream Junior (DSJ), a world class DAC based on the architecture of the Stereophile and Absolute Sound’s Product Of The Year, DirectStream. Hand-written, discrete, perfection based conversion that uncovers all the missing information hiding in your digital audio media for all these years. CD’s, downloads, high-resolution PCM or DSD based media are expertly upsampled in the DSJ to ten times DSD rate and output as pure analog directly into your amplifier or preamplifier. Classic PCM-based DACS, including many of today’s DACS that can also process DSD, tend to cover up some of the subtle musical details buried deep within digital audio music; a problem inherent in their architecture. DSJ solves this problem by employing a pure DSD single-bit approach for both PCM as well as DSD media. This means that your entire library of music can finally reveal all the music and subtle low level details buried deep within its core – and now, at a more affordable price than its progenitor, DirectStream.
Imagine going to a recording studio and listening to a master tape of any recording made. This is the experience DSJ affords its owners who enjoy a renewed sense of enjoyment and discovery when listening to everything in their library: CD’s, downloads, DSD.
- Pure 100% DSD-based D to A Converter
- Fully upgradeable through software releases
- Built in Bridge II Network streaming Audio input
- Resolution perfect volume and balance controls built in
- Upsamples PCM and DSD to 10x DSD rate
- DXD support
- Passively filtered high speed output stage
- Improves imaging and soundstage
- Simple, direct signal path with one master clock
- Handwritten filters, processors and upsamplers
- Immune to incoming jitter problems from different sources
- Increased digital headroom
- No off-the-shelf IC DAC chips used
- FPGA-based circuitry
- Uncovers musical details masked by typical PCM based processors
- 6 digital inputs
- Fully balanced from input to output